Hello and Happy Valentine’s Day from Residential Properties Ltd. We would like to personally thank all of the participants in our I <3 Rhode Island Contest, including those who liked and shared our post. It was our pleasure reading all of your fantastic comments explaining why this state is such a unique and wonderful place to live. Thank you to PVDonuts and Persimmon Restaurant who were so enthusiastic and supportive of this contest and provided the prizes. Please visit their great establishments on the East Side of Providence.
Congratulations to Jennifer Hill Lafond, our Runner-up who received a box of Valentine’s Day donuts from PVDonuts, and a big congrats to Amanda Robbio, who won the grand prize of a $100 gift certificate to Persimmon Restaurant along with her donuts.
We hope everyone has a lovely Valentine’s Day and enjoys this great state we live. We here at RPL love this state and are proud to be a part of your community.
If it’s Friday (and sometimes any day of the week), it must be pizza time. Providence has some of the best pizza in the country and Wickenden Street has a couple of great pizzerias, but if you are looking for a great slice go no further than Fellini’s.
Fellini’s is as unique as Wickenden Street itself. Check out this video to see why.
New to the city and wondering where to live?
Providence is a highly diverse town, with a vibe and flair to suit pretty much any lifestyle. Whether you want a posh urban flat with glass walls and dramatic skyline views, a charming historic apartment stepping out to cobblestone and gas lanterns, or a renovated loft with 16 foot ceilings and exposed brick, I recommend taking a couple of days to explore before signing a lease. To discover the many different faces of Providence before settling into your new home, try the following TOP 5 STROLLS and weave in and out of the surrounding streets to see the various residences to choose from.
1. Wickenden St.-Explore this main artery of Fox Point with quirky curiosity shops, antique stores and pubs. Close to Brown, some of the oldest plaque homes in the city are here, mixed in with a myriad of 2 and 3 decker multi-family homes with many apartments to choose from. Our offices are located on the corner of Wickenden St. and Benefit St. Come in to see what’s available for rent!
2. Benefit St.-Time travel along the old brick sidewalks, with gas lanterns, ancient trees, city views and a couple of ‘First’ National Churches. Character and apartments abound.
3. River Walk-Take a stroll Downcity along the Providence River boardwalk, soak in the town’s architectural personality, and get a sense for why we’re called Venice’s sister city. Several of the taller buildings contain condos, which are available for rent and offer great city views.
4. Atwells Ave.-Check out a slice of RI’s cultural heritage and many of the best restaurants in town. An eclectic mix of spices, aromas & flavors, boutiques, tattoo parlors, and art galleries from Italy to China to Jamaica and back again. It may surprise you how many places there are to live in this high-energy urban center.
5. Blackstone Blvd., Wayland, Hope Village-Grab your Nikes and head to the East Side for a jog along the Boulevard. Two hundred year old trees, La crème de la crème of Providence estates, and a solid cross section of locals getting their exercise. At the Eastern end of the Boulevard, make your way along Butler Ave. to the established residential neighborhood, Wayland Square. At the Western end, up Hope St. you’ll find what locals affectionately call ‘Hope Village,’ with lots of apartments on and off Hope St. as well as shops and restaurants. Miriam hospital is in this vicinity for those of you who are residents and nurses.
Locals tend to drive around town, but try these strolls and I think you’ll find Providence to be a very walkable city. Enjoy!
Featured Rental: 6 Pratt Street, #3R Providence
Rare find! Ideal College Hill location. Walk to Brown, Thayer, Whole Foods. Spacious and in great condition!
Perfect for professionals! This apartment has a newly renovated kitchen and bath. Features gleaming hardwood floors, some exposed brick, a private deck w/GORGEOUS Western-facing view and seasonal state house views.
Living room, dining room, newer thermal paned windows, 2 car parking, laundry on site, private locked storage space in basement. Great condition and owner will paint.
Quiet building of professionals and some grad students only. Unique offering. Available immediately.
Asking $1325/month. 1 Year Lease. For more information, visit our Listing Details page or contact Rebecca Lister at 401.553.6311.